There’s a way you can enjoy playing the Saxophone and feel like your sound cuts through, is full, and your range is limitless, without breaking the bank on buying new equipment…
You can play the music you love, and play with a beautiful full, rich tone.
You can confidently perform the songs you love and see the smiles on the faces of your friends and loved ones in the audience.
You can feel confident knowing that your altissimo register will respond whenever you want it to.
Your tone will turn heads from the first note that you play.
But if your tone doesn’t sound good, you may not have those opportunities to perform in front of others.
Think about it, what’s the first thing you hear when you listen to someone? Tone.
If your tone isn’t pleasing, people will automatically tune you out.
If your tone doesn’t project, people can’t hear you and think you are not a good performer.
If your notes are noticeably out of tune, people will also not listen regardless of how many fast licks you can play.
And you need to realize, there is a cost to not dealing with fixing your tone.
A huge cost, one that could total thousands of dollars…
What most Saxophone players do when facing problems with their tone is try out every available mouthpiece and reed, or buy every new gadget on the market. But for most people, that doesn’t work.
- You may have bought your favorite sax player’s mouthpiece and reed setup but you don’t sound like him or her.
- With the new equipment, it’s really hard to get the lower and higher notes to come out easily, your notes are out of tune, and your sound doesn’t project.
- You’re blowing your brains out at a gig, yet even with your mic turned all the way up, you still don’t cut through with the new equipment
- After buying all the latest, greatest equipment, your sound may still be thin, you still may not have more range, AND you will have spent a ton of money in the process.
Another thing saxophone players do is seek out every YouTube video available to try to find the “magic answer” to all their problems. But that doesn’t work either.
- The information in the video may not work for you, or you may not understand it because the person did not go deep enough into the concept.
- How much teaching experience does that person have, and can you trust their information?
- You can spend thousands of hours searching YouTube trying to find the answer to your problems, but you may not know exactly what your real problem is.
- You may wind up more confused and discouraged than ever.
And what happens if you just do nothing and just keep doing what you’ve been doing?
You can follow everyone else’s “advice” and just play endless long tones for hours every day, wondering when your tone will get better. Meanwhile, you may be reinforcing bad habits instead of creating new, better habits.
You will keep wondering if your higher notes will come out when you need them to.
You will continue to feel frustrated and embarrassed every time you perform because your tone lacks power and stability.
My Solution Worked For These People, And It Will Work For You
From teaching thousands of students both online and in person for over 27 years, I found ways to relay my discoveries into manageable pieces of information that my students could understand.
Although I thought I would be practicing long tone and related exercises for months, it only took a few weeks to go from an unpleasant harmonica-like sound having even more unpleasant high and low register sounds to playing with a respectable sonorous room-filling tone that’s good enough to commence work on my repertoire. The difference has been so dramatic that I could hardly believe the sound of the recordings. I sound like what I think an alto should sound like. It’s not great, but it’s certainly good enough for now. The experience not only solved my immediate problem, but gave me a lot of confidence.
Thank you, Donna, for helping me develop an attitude and a perspective that has accelerated my progress, and for presenting examples that I could relate to and use. You’ve got a great gift for teaching, and I appreciate that gift very much.
I have noticed increased ability to play in-tune and less effort in playing the lowest notes; i.e., low C#, C, B, Bb.
Especially helpful to those who wish to become better players on their own without taking expensive private lessons. Good value for the price!
The mouthpiece exercises uncovered hidden fundamental deficiencies. Both the high-end and low-end range on the saxophone has improved considerably in the richness of sound. The course eliminated high notes occasionally “blocking.”
Most courses on the Internet, and even many instructors, neglect fundamentals, which is what most beginners, intermediate, and even advanced players need. Even professional golfers need periodic brush-up on their fundamentals, right? Problem is, most people look for the quick fix or want to jump to solo playing rather than work on fundamentals that will really make them solid.
Well, my progress in tone has begun to be noticeable up to the point it surprised me some days ago. Not only the lowest notes B and Bb flow easily down scales, but also breath and tongue attacked. I can start a chromatic upscale from Bb way easier than before.
I feel I can control embouchure, oral cavity and throat muscles much better than, say, 2-3 months ago (been playing since mid-2015 and never had such a leap forward in tone).
Definitely this course is taking me in the correct path on my learning curve… way better than investing in a new mouthpiece…
Here’s what you get when you enroll in my Get a Killer Saxophone Tone Self-Study course today:
- Discover the system to play for hours without lower lip pain
- Discover the embouchure workout that builds corners of steel
- Discover the best posture for you to avoid back pain
- How to play low notes that come out clean and consistent without distorting your face
- Discover these simple breathing exercises that give you rock-solid breath support
- How to prevent squeaking on higher-register pitches
- How to get your pitches to sound full in the palm keys and higher
- How to play at all dynamic levels and still control the tone
Plus you’re protected by the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
If you are not getting results and can show us that you have done the work for at least the First Module, you will get a Full Refund.